Top 10 Must-Haves for Bathrooms in Victoria
MAC Renovations interior designer Azu Saavedra shares her top ten list of bathroom renovation essentials:
- The right vanity for your space
- Storage, storage, storage!
- Whether you can fit a linen closet or not, every bathroom needs enough storage and the right storage, such as drawers, pull-outs for hair appliances, towel bars, and racks, etc.
- The right amount of light and fixtures
- The right size mirror
- Never underestimate the power of the right size mirror
- Heated tile floors and benches
- I always extend the heated floor tiles into the walk-in shower. This is great for many things, especially for having warm feet while showering, and it dries up the water on the floor to prevent mildew
- Shower Bench
- Multi-showerhead shower
- I like to have a fixed shower head, either a rain head or a standard wall showerhead, as well as a handheld. You can use them at the same time or separately, and the handheld is also great for cleaning your shower
- Thermostatic valve with volume control
- With a multi-showerhead, being able to set your perfect temperature and leave it there is a big help. One part of the thermostatic valve sets the water temperature, while another controls the volume, so you can change the flow without altering the temperature. Conservation + comfort!
- Shampoo niches
- Glass partition
- Starphire glass all the way. This type of glass has less iron, which makes the glass clearer and less green. It adds to the cost, but it’s worth it to remove the green tint that regular glass has that distorts your beautiful new tiles