Join our team – We’re looking for an Operations Manager Residential Construction in Victoria, BC
The Operations Manager Residential Construction works closely with the President of MAC Renovations to build and expand our business module to meet the current demands of our market while setting our company up for the potential markets so that we are ready to achieve our short term and long term goals.
This position will directly touch the success of our revenue stream, company culture, customer experience, and business strategy.
This role will manage the department delivery of over 10 million dollars in residential construction per year.
Our Core Values:
Collaboration – People working together gets the job done. As a team, we share ideas and knowledge to learn from each other. We encourage cooperative efforts at every level and across all activities in our company.
Continuing Education – Knowledge is power. It is our mandate to always be willing to learn new ideas, practices, and techniques, and pass on that knowledge to our friends, clients, and co-workers. We approach every relationship and situation with the mindset that we will be able to leave that interaction with new insight.
Integrity – We approach every project with the understanding that we will do the right thing all the time. Our team members and clients deserve nothing less. Integrity is the foundation of any business relationship. We continually strive to maintain the highest ethical standards and honor all commitments. We take personal responsibility for our actions and treat everyone with trust and respect.
Care – We genuinely care about our clients, our business relationships, and our employees. We go the extra yard to establish long-lasting relationships with our clients. From the way we present ourselves and interact with the community to the pride we take in delivering our services and mastering our respective skills and trades, we care about every aspect of our business activities.
We take adding someone to our team seriously, so finding the right combination of DRIVE, SKILLS & ATTITUDE is something we are willing to wait for. We live by our core values, and if these don’t resonate with you personally, this is simply not the place for you.
You have the following characteristics:
- Proven leadership skills – you build, train, and empower. Ours is not the place for micromanagers.
- Possess a high degree of emotional intelligence (EQ) – you have awareness of people and know how to interact for best results & collaboration.
- Details and quality control are second nature to you – some might say you are meticulous.
- Ability to anticipate/forecast risk & take appropriate action.
- Exceptional planning & organizational abilities.
- You hold yourself to high standards.
- You are an effective communicator.
- You are able to hold others accountable through leading, coaching & mentoring.
- You show up for life with enthusiasm and it comes through to your team inspiring loyalty and confidence.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset which allows you to think on your feet and course correct for the best outcome – just because we’ve always done it this way is not how we need to keep doing it.
- You enjoy learning as much as transferring knowledge to others – a continual quest for knowledge.
- You truly enjoy the work that we do and care about the client’s experience.
Essential Functions (include and not limited to):
- Manage the production of remodeling jobs so that they come in on budget, on schedule, and with a very satisfied customer.
- Manage the Project Managers, Lead Carpenters, Carpenters, and other field employees to achieve these results.
- Actively participate in business strategy meetings on a weekly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Lead effective meetings where projected outcomes are created and executed on.
- Review functions of the department and assess each as needed.
- Create and redefine roles and responsibilities to support business changes.
- Build, train, and mentor employees.
- Create and manage schedules to support budgets, labour costs, and project results.
- Review plans, estimates, and production packages for completeness: accept or reject them for Production.
- Continually improve our production processes and update SOPs as needed.
- Oversee performance management of your team.
- Represent MAC Renovations in a professional and respectful manner. Always.
- Harness technology to make Production more efficient and effective.
- Check and maintain vacation scheduling to ensure adequate coverage while avoiding conflicts.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven leadership capabilities.
- Senior-level knowledgeable of residential and light commercial construction practices.
- Scheduling experience.
- Be business and market savvy to add value with decision making.
- Knowledge of safety programs with the ability to approve safety plans.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication and people management skills.
- Current experience with Microsoft Office is required, and experience with BuilderTrend, Sage 100 or Timber Scan, and Exact Time are desired assets.
- Keen eye for attention to detail.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with residential and commercial construction in a senior level position.
- A degree in Construction Management, PMP designation (or equivalent).
- Minimum 6 years of hands-on construction experience, preferably on residential remodels.
- Experience working with a COR Certified company.
- Oversee safety practices.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with Microsoft Office.
- If you would like to be a part of our awesome and talented team, please submit your resume and either a cover letter or short video to let us know who you are. Please respect our busy office: no phone calls and no recruiters.