The Project Manager is the key to fulfilling the promises we make to our customers. They are fully accountable for the execution, cost control and, close out on our projects, in essence, the client experience. The company’s brand and financial performance relies on the proper execution of the responsibilities of this role.
MAC Renovations is an established design build company with a stellar reputation. Since starting out almost 40 years ago, MAC Renovations has built a loyal following of repeat clients based on a simple but powerful principle — be trustworthy. Not just in what you say, but in what you do. With all the challenges a home renovation can throw at you, it’s important to know that your contractor will be there — now and in the future. We see our team as family, and we are looking for long term members that share our vision and we are excited to be a part of this journey. Our company & team earn high praise from our clients and trade partners alike. Our success is your success.
MAC Renovations Ltd. values from the foundation of the company. Adhering to our values will help us build a strong and healthy organization.
Collaboration – People working together gets the job done. As a team, we share ideas and knowledge to learn from each other. We encourage cooperative efforts at every level and across all activities in our company.
Continuing Education – Knowledge is power. It is our mandate to always be willing to learn new ideas, practices, and techniques, and pass on that knowledge to our friends, clients, and co-workers. We approach every relationship and situation with the mindset that we will be able to leave that interaction with some new insight.
Integrity – We approach every project with the understanding that we will do the right thing all of the time. Our team members and clients deserve nothing less. Integrity is the foundation of any business relationship. We continually strive to maintain the highest ethical standards and honour all commitments. We take personal responsibility for our actions, and treat everyone with trust and respect.
Care – We genuinely care about our clients, our business relationships and our employees. We go the extra yard to establish long-lasting relationships with our clients. From the way we present ourselves and interact with the community, to the pride we take in delivering our services and mastering our respective skills and trades, we care about every aspect of our business activities.
We take adding to our team seriously and finding the right combination of DRIVE, SKILLS & ATTITUDE is something we are willing to wait for. We live by our core values and if these do not resonate with you personally, this is simply not the place for you.
You have the following characteristics:
- You have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time
- Independent, resourceful, accountable and demonstrate initiative
- Possess a high degree of emotional intelligence (EQ) – you have awareness of people and know how to interact for results & collaboration
- Details and quality control are second nature to you – some may say you are meticulous
- Ability to anticipate/forecast risk & take appropriate action
- Exceptional planning & organizational abilities
- You hold yourself to high standards
- You are an effective communicator
- You show up for life with enthusiasm and it comes through to your team inspiring loyalty and confidence
- You likely have an entrepreneurial mindset which allows you to think on your feet and course correct for the best outcome – just because we’ve always done it this way is not how we need to keep doing it
- You enjoy learning as much as transferring knowledge to others – continual quest for knowledge
- You truly enjoy the work that we do and care about the client’s experience
Deliverables and Accountabilities:
Deliverables and accountabilities include and are not limited to:
Note: Deliverables and accountabilities will change based on the needs of the business and will be at the discretion of the employer.
The areas of accountability are as follows:
- Budget & Schedule met as stipulated in contract
- Customer Service
- Training and professional development
- Updates to administrative tracking systems
Deliverable 1 – Budget & Schedule met as stipulated in contracts
- Execution, Monitoring & Controlling and Closing phases are the sole responsibility of the Project Manager.
- Project Manager assists sales associates through the initiation and planning phases as needed.
- Project Manager is responsible to review and accept the estimate during the project planning phases and be present at the sales to production hand-off with the Operations Manager.
- The budget is managed by the Project Manager according to stipulations laid out in the construction contract. The Project Manager is responsible to ensure that gross profit targets stipulated by the contract’s supervising signing authority are achieved.
- The project schedule is managed by the Project Manager according to stipulations laid out in the construction contract. Note: The schedule must include details on payment dates, order of construction, resource allocation, procurement, critical decision dates, updated project progress, and key project meetings.
- Project Schedule may be initiated by the sales associate, but final acceptance, coordination of sub contractor dates, and launching of the schedule is the responsibility of the Project Manager.
- The project scope is managed through the change order and RFI (Request For Information) process to avoid scope creep.
- MTO (Material take off) and procurement is managed by the Project Manager according to targets laid out in the project schedule.
- Project resources, such as in-house labour and sub-contractors, are managed to ensure that contractual obligations related to the schedule and budget are met.
- Change order management is the responsibility of the Project Manager
- RFI management is the responsibility of the Project Manager
- Communication management through the CRM (Client Relationship Management) and document control is the responsibility of the Project Manager.
Deliverable 2 – Customer Service
- It is the responsibility of the Project Manager, in conjunction with the sales associate, to ensure that the client is fully aware of the items listed in the client expectation guideline.
- It is the responsibility of the Project Manager to ensure that client meetings are to take place as per the schedule agreed upon in the construction agreement. Note: Client meetings are to be formatted as per the company guidelines.
- Project Manager to ensure that the CRM data and project progress reports are updated every week and issued to project stakeholders.
- Ensure that all subcontractors and staff communicate with customers in a professional and polite manner.
- The Project Manager is responsible to ensure that final punch list items are all dealt with prior to final sign off by client after witness and hold points in the project. —— We don’t want the client finding errors and we definitely don’t want the client feeling entitled to walk around the site picking things apart when construction isn’t complete.
- The Project Manager is responsible to aggressively pursue an efficient, timely and final project closure to ensure client referrals and positive reviews with our community.
Deliverable 3 – Training and Professional Development
- Supports positive employee relations and company culture, accountable for employee adherence to company policies and procedures
- Supports staff through coaching, professional development, team meetings and one on ones
- Fosters an environment where company values are held paramount
- Fosters an environment where project goals are broken down and made clear to staff and subcontractors through team meetings and one on ones
- Professional development of project management career must always be pursued through GSRs with company owner, membership(s) in professional organizations, and enrolment in technical courses related to the industry
Deliverable 4 – Updates to Administrative Tracking Systems
- Participate in process development
- Ensure electronic acceptance of change orders. Note: change order development procedures must be followed as per company policy
- GSR with supervising signing authority
- CRM updates weekly
- Manage communication plan
- Stakeholder management and communication is the responsibility of the Project Manager.
- RFI management is the responsibility of the Project Manager
- Safety (toolbox meetings and team meetings)
- Work in progress adjustments to be completed every month for each project as specified by Operations Manager
- Ensure that project audit questions are completed and resolved within 48 hours.
- Vehicle mileage sheets and time-sheets must be submitted to the office by Monday morning 9 am each week.
Required Experience / Skills:
- 3+ years in construction, residential remodelling or high-end new construction preferred
- 5+ years in a PM role
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing construction projects and contract administration to close out
- Fiscally responsible, able to monitor and control project budgets and and any changes
- Familiar with reading construction plans, and keeping drawings up to date
- 1+ years supervisory experience is an asset
- Knowledge & broad range of construction methods & techniques experience
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use situational leadership to work with municipal staff, consultants, contractors and clients
- Excellent client service skills, with the ability to work in a diverse workforce
- Ability to deal with strong personalities, with a pleasant personality and a sense of humour, yet holding professional boundaries
- High level of detail-oriented, time management and organizational skills
- Proven planning and scheduling experience
- Competency with high-volume workload, and the ability to stay focused and make sound decisions
- Ability to multitask while managing priorities in a calm manner
- Proficiency with computer/technology
- Experience with the following software is an asset
- Sage 100
- Builder Trend
- Google docs/sheets
MAC Renovations offers competitive wage & benefits and really great perks!
- Competitive salaries
- Eligible for health spending account (after 6 months)
- Professional development funds
- We like to get out of the office and have fun! Annual family BBQ with staff, their families and subs, on-site staff barbecues, luncheons, Annual holiday party at really great venues and more!
- We uphold our promises
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- No weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- project management: 4 years (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Interested in joining our amazing team? Apply via our posting on Indeed.com and we’ll see you soon!